Most people will tell you that their biggest asset is their home. Of course, that’s why it’s so important to have the right homeowners insurance for it.
What is interesting is that, according to Erie Insurance, the five most common causes of homeowners claims come from Mother Nature, herself; and those top five causes of homeowners insurance claims at Erie Insurance include hail, wind, water, fire and the weight of snow and ice on a roof.
Read the entire article at Erie Insurance to learn much more about each of these threats to your home and find out how you can prevent the damage they cause.
- Hail: Even small pieces of hail can cause big damage. Learn more about hail and how insurance covers hail damage.
- Wind: Heavy winds, tornadoes, hurricanes--wind is one of the most destructive forces on earth. Find out how you can prepare for wind-related weather events.
- Water: Whether it’s from a natural source like a lake or river or from a pipe in your wall, water has the potential to cause a lot of damage. Learn about the ways water can soak your home and how you can prevent it from happening.
- Fire: Fires have many causes. Get the top tips to protect your home from this threat.
- Weight of ice and snow on the roof: Winter can wreak havoc on roofs. Fortunately, there are ways to protect yours.
As homeowners, we all try to see that our home is safe at all times, but the risk for accidents is still substantial. Be sure you are prepared in case Mother Nature comes calling. Check with your insurance agent to be sure that your homeowners insurance will take care of any such claims long before you are faced with the need to file a claim. Your insurance agent can guide you in making the right coverage decisions to meet your own circumstances.
The scope of your insurance coverage and options depend entirely upon the policy and the insurance company providing it. This website is not intended to advise, offer or bind coverage. You should always discuss your insurance issues with professionals such as a licensed and qualified insurance agent before making any decisions or choosing a course of action. Ewing Hines 7 Associates is a full-service insurance agency offering auto insurance for your vehicle, home insurance for homeowners, renters and condo dwellers, business/commercial insurance and life insurance to all of Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), Washington DC since 1960. Our experienced insurance agents at our office in Kensington, MD welcome your inquiries and are glad to discuss your coverage needs at any time.